Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My name is Jacob Valentine.

Unfortunately, I did not take this class when I was a freshman, so now I am a third-year student in a first-year writing course... Nevertheless, I'm excited and hope to learn some new things as well as hone a few skills. I am a China Studies Major and a Logic (Philosophy) minor. I speak 5 languages - English, Mandarin, Tagalog, Bikol, and German. I served a mission in The Philippines and have been planning to attend law school since returning home, but my mind may be changing. I was married just over a year ago, and my wife and I had our first baby (the cutest little girl alive) almost four months ago. I'm excited to get to know you all!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a freshman either. That is way cool that you speak so many languages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you teach me how to say hi in all of those languages? That would be so great. Its so cool you're fluent in 5 languages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also didn't take this class as a freshman! I am a senior by credits, but still have a year and a half before I graduate. Better late than never I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know how many languages you know... I only have three to go to catch up to you hehe. I'm fluent in two languages, Samoan and English. I'm excited to get to know you, even if you are 'old'. Congrats on your additional family member by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very cool you know that many languages! I am also not a first year student, so that is nice to know. Congrats on your little girl!:) I am going to be doing a service abroad to Nanjing China and learn to speak Mandarin! So I am always excited to see anything Chinese related!

    ReplyDelete