Monday, September 29, 2014

Op-ed Reflections

To follow Professor Spooner's prompt,

What writing strategies worked for you?
The free-write really helped me. It was fun to just write and learn and think while I was writing - maybe action is one of the most potent of muses.
What didn't?
Looking at other peoples' theses didn't seem to help. I just don't think that theses are super transferable, and most principles, which probably would be transferable, are to obscure to nail down as the author used them.
What were your expectations in writing the Op-ed?
I thought that it would be a lot more difficult than it was. I'm pleasantly surprised at the ease with which this paper was completed, though I guess I'll have to wait until I get a grade to fully realize my feelings toward it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you said about it being fun to write. Like you said it was nice just to write and think about something that I felt strongly about.

    ReplyDelete