Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Those Killers Called Quants

Style Academy seems great! I especially enjoyed the sentence imitation and combination lessons; these are things that I used to practice often in my writing, but as I have progressed through school and my major I have had too many professors that attempt to make me write in their style - one of the biggest annoyances that I think any student experiences. I used to write sentences like Teale's, but they just wanted the bare-boned ideas, nothing, ornamental or ordinary, on the side. Go ahead Professor, kill my creativity; steal, stab, suffocate it! I didn't need it anyways, right? Wrong! This short lesson helped me to remember how fun it was when I once found writing fun...fun again I now plan to find it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you said about having to change your writing to conform to what the teacher wants! I love that with the op ed we have the opportunity to do what we feel is best and simply do what we want to do.

    ReplyDelete